SEO Best practices
SEO is an endlessly improving task. Search engine algorithms change to improve the quality of site offered in search results, and optimization practices must change to keep pace. The basic practices themselves do not change, just fine tuning within the aspects of SEO that make them functional. The absolute most important thing to do is to design a website with human visitors in mind. Perfect SEO is useless to your site if visitors don’t find what they were looking for, and never come back again, or invite others to visit. While the orientation of site content towards humans is rarely considered for SEO, it should be the core around which all of the following practices should revolve.
1. Choose the keywords carefully. Each page should be keyword focused.
2. Research the keywords, to make sure they are popular searches.
3. Use keyword phrases in your page titles.
4. Use keywords in <h1>headline</h1> tags.
5. Provide content that is focused on the keywords; informative, but not repetitive
6. Use keyword link targeting. For internal site links as well as external links.
7. Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for layout control.
8. Provide keyword rich alternate tags for image links.
9. Provide a site map with text links, for easy navigation.
10.Dynamically created pages should have uniform, static appearing file names.
There are many other facets of SEO, such as securing a listing in DMOZ, but the ones listed above, when coupled with a human oriented, content rich site, will be a tremendous aid in gaining rank with search engines. Choose your keywords carefully, and use them wisely, without excessive “stuffing”. Make sure that the keywords used are prominent, and pertain to the subject matter, and your rankings will rise.
Article written by SEOnotepad.com